From David Einhorn to Warren Buffett to David Tepper, each of the 15 billionaires that iBillionaire follows is legendary in their own unique way.
Along their own personal journeys, the billionaires have provided us with countless pieces of advice, heaps of insightful witticisms and hundreds of quotes to inspire and delight us. Whether through lectures, conferences or interviews, these billionaires have been able to simply often complex ideas into some of the best quotes that will surely stand the test of time.
Here are some of the best, one from each of the billionaires*!
1. “No one strategy is correct all the time” – John Paulson
2. “The only thing I do know is that from chaos comes opportunity” – Dan Loeb
3. “I don’t mind anybody coming after me as long as they’re coming with facts” – Nelson Peltz
4. “You can really prove to yourself whether you know something or not if you can give a five-minute elevator pitch. If you cannot summarize a complex situation in a three to five minute discussion, you do not really understand it” – Larry Robbins
5. “Experience is making mistakes and learning from them” – Bill Ackman
6. “As an investor, my job is to figure out what will happen rather than what should happen” – David Einhorn
7. “Money is made by discounting the obvious and betting on the unexpected” – George Soros
8. “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago” – Warren Buffett
9. “I have to look out for the shareholder’s interests, and I’m the largest shareholder” – Carl Icahn
10. “He who lives by the crystal ball will eat shattered glass” – Ray Dalio
11. “The key is to wait. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is nothing” – David Tepper
12. “What the wise man does in the beginning, the fool does in the end” – Leon Cooperman
13. “The Internet is a great new technology that will change our lives” – Julian Robertson (Dec 1998)
14. “What matters most is what the consumer believes” – Steve Mandel
*Unfortunately due to his private nature, quotes from our 15th billion, Chase Coleman, are nowhere to be found!